• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a layer to file at timed interval

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to scripting, but have searched and can't find a way to achieve the following:-

I would like to export to file (I know how to do that part) a layer in the Photoshop file (ideally one layer, but all would be fine) , but to have that happening automatically every 2 or 3 minutes.

Is there a way to achieve that , to start it off running and leave it working in the background. (even if it has to interrupt the application each time) would be fine.

Many Thanks for help

Graeme

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'm not familiar with any time-based events that allow you to otherwise run Photoshop normally.

If you can dedicate that instance of Photoshop to just dealing with this specific task, you can probably use $.sleep(duration) to wait for the time to elapse, maybe just run it inside a virtual machine.

Alternatively, you can probably use some external scheduling program to execute the script every set amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways should be doable:

1. If you can convince the user to keep panel expanded, for example drag it below/next to layers panel, you can put the timer the javascript of the HTML
  2. Photoshop Generator allows you to run background tasks and export layers in totally seamless manner, but it's a bit more to get started. See Script your first Adobe Generator plugin for Photoshop - Tom Krcha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response. I think it is complicated..  (and beyond my knowledge)

I was confused by your advice though...

Matias Kiviniemi wrote:

Two ways should be doable:

1. If you can convince the user to keep panel expanded, for example drag it below/next to layers panel, you can put the timer the javascript of the HTML
  2. Photoshop Generator allows you to run background tasks and export layers in totally seamless manner, but it's a bit more to get started. See Script your first Adobe Generator plugin for Photoshop - Tom Krcha

1. which panel expanded? put the timer the javascript of the HTML...

sorry does not make sense in English..

Thanks for the help though...

Do you know of any service / companies who could program this for me at a price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I've had to do stuff like this in the past, I always had to have a script running in Bridge that would send requests to PS at regular intervals. That was awhile ago; maybe someone has figured out a better technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines