• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting in different layer modes

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im having a problem where i cannot export a layer in lighten mode and I really need to. I have tried numerous things and nothing seems to work. Please help I want to take the design below and turn it into a png to send to my manufacturer but as soon asz i remove the tshirt i can no longer use lighten mode ass the design is invisible. Please check the images below and let me know what you think.

Mercer2666901589ky_0-1666134136317.png

Mercer2666901589ky_1-1666134165381.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you posted to the wrong forum, and i moved your post to the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vertxem wrote:

?

Your post was moved from Using the Community (for questions about the forums) to Photoshop by a moderator.

@vertxem wrote:

im having a problem where i cannot export a layer in lighten mode and I really need to

The blending modes blend the pixels of the selected layer with the layer underneath. If you hide or delete that layer, they blend with the next layer down. If there is no layer underneath, there is nothing for them to blend with. Your post indicates that you are trying to export one layer without the underneath layer.

Here is the definition for Lighten:

"Looks at the color information in each channel and selects the base or blend color—whichever is lighter—as the result color. Pixels darker than the blend color are replaced, and pixels lighter than the blend color do not change."

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/blending-modes.html

Your first screenshot shows Layer 1 against the back of a black t-shirt. In the second, the underneath layer is white and therefore the colors do not change, as expected.

00118C64-24AE-4AEA-A4C0-18323C2E7524.jpeg

I hope this helps.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble is that when a layer has a blend mode, it is dependent on the other layers for how it appears. You can't just report it. You would have to merge the layers that it interacts with. There have been discussions about this, and I talked with the Photoshop product manager about this several years ago. He liked the idea of being able to apply a blend to a layer, but, obviously, nothing came of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dang, there has to be a way or at least another option because I really need the black to dispear just as it does when I change the layer mode or else when i print it on a shirt it doesn't look right. Do you have any other suggestions for fixing this if you help I will pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@vertxem 

You made this post on October 18. A day later the same post and screenshots were made by @fluencii .

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/i-need-help-fixing-a-ps-file/m-p/1328...

Are you and @fluencii the same person?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines