• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Layers as PNG Retaining Image Size

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I take a PSD and select multiple layers and Export As PNG the images with any transparency get trimmed. I need to know how to avoid this. I am using Photoshop to create texture maps for 3D modeling and have an action setup to process a PSD into texture maps that need to have the same resolution (2048x2048, 4096x4096 etc.) My Albedo and Metallic maps sometimes have transparencies. I am trying to automate this process as much as possible and do not want to have to manually save each layer or have to check each one to make sure it's going to export correctly. I just want to run the action and hit export and know that my files are going to be correct.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Krissyh,

Sorry that the exported PSD with transparency is getting cropped while saving the images using "Export as" method.

Could you please take a look at the solution mentioned in this similar discussion Export without crop/trim?  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krissyh,

Sorry that the exported PSD with transparency is getting cropped while saving the images using "Export as" method.

Could you please take a look at the solution mentioned in this similar discussion Export without crop/trim?  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the answer there is exactly what I'm looking for. I will just add a empty layer mask into my action for each layer. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.

Glad that it helped

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines