• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to PDF extremely slow and doubles file size? Out of memory error?

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 162MB PSD file (has many layers/groups).  When I come to export the files as a PDF it takes 28 minutes and the resulting PDF file size is now 336MB?

If I open the PDF to (via Acrobat) it takes about 3 minutes ... if I resize the PDF window I get an "out of memory" error??

To be clear, I was NOT out of memory, not even close (38 GB free).  I have 64GB RAM totla running on an AMD 5950X with nVidia Titan RTX GPU and very fast M.2 drives.

Thoughts?

Rob

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were the pdf settings you chose? 

Did you use a PDF/X-standard? 

Did you »Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities«? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Out of memory errors" don't mean you're actually out of RAM or any of that 99% of the time. They're simply either leaky functions or damaged data. As Mr. Pfaffenbichler already said, more info would be required to even come close to unriddling such an obscure behavior.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines