EXPORTS GOING TO THE WRONG FOLDER

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Adobe Case ADB-23323642-S0M1 CRM:00999000008415

Your Adobe Case ADB-23323642-S0M1

The PROBLEM IS STILL PRESENT:

It has to do with the most recent upgrade.
EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST VS PRESENT:

PAST:
Open a photo
Save a PS file. This file was placed next to the original photo in the folder I am working in.
Work on a photo and save. Export adjusted photo. Before the upgrade the photo was AUTOMATICALLY SAVED (where you are working) TO THE FOLDER WHERE THE ORIGINAL PHOTO AND THE NEWLY CREATED PS FILE ARE LOCATED.
(If desired, change image size and export photo-it goes to the folder I was working in and placed next to the other photos and PS file) 

BUT NOT NOW...
PRESENT
Open a photo
Save a PS file. This PS file IS placed next to the original photo in the current folder I am working in.
Work on a photo and save. Export adjusted photo. NOW I HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE EXPORTED PHOTO WILL END UP IN THE CURRENT FOLDER I AM WORKING IN AND THAT THE EXPORTS ARE PLACED NEXT TO THE ORIGINAL PHOTO AND THE NEWLY CREATED PS FILE.
OTHERWISE THE EXPORTED PHOTOS GET PUT IN THE LAST FOLDER I WAS WORKING IN AND NOT THE CURRENT FOLDER!

This ADDS UNNECESSARY STEPS IN ALWAYS CHANGING THE FOLDER FROM THE PAST FOLDER USED TO THE CURRENT FOLDER WHERE THE ORIGINAL PHOTO AND THE NEWLY CREATED PS FILE ARE LOCATED!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you are posting the message here. Is it to let other users know there is a problem? Or in the hope that Adobe will read it and take action?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where files are saved when using Export As is determined by a Preference setting. If you go to Preferences > Export, you have two options for "Export As Location". The first is to export to the same folder as the current document (which sounds like is what you want to do). The second is to save to the previously used folder (which sound like you have currently set). Try changing this setting and see if this gets you what you are looking for. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines