• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension signing

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost come to the conclusion selfsigning a photoshop extension is impossible with Photoshop CC 2015.  I have used ZXPSignCmd successfully but can not get my extension to get past the signing issue.  On load I get an error telling me the extension is not properly signed.  All is good in debub mode but try to load and panel appears but will not populate with content then errors with not properly signed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't create extensions. I only created one using one of Adobe configurator and that did the signing for its Photoshop version.  Adobe Photoshop extension feature environment seems to change with each release of Photoshop and are not compatible. I rather just write Scripts and record actions that work in all Photoshop versions. Adobe is working on that to the new ScriptUI CC 2015 does not work like ScriptUI did in prior versions of Photoshop and has issues.

Did you do both ZXPSignCmd steps required for selfsigning

Creating a self-signed certificate:

./ZXPSignCmd -selfSignedCert US NY MyCompany MyCommonName abc123 MyCert.p12

This generates a file named MyCert.p12 in the current folder. You can use this certificate to sign your extension:

./ZXPSignCmd -sign myExtProject myExtension.zxp MyCert.p12 abc123

This generates the file myExtension.zxp in the current folder, adding these two files to the packaged and signed extension in the final ZXP archive:

• mimetype : A file with the ASCII name of mimetype that holds the MIME type for the ZIP container (application/vnd.adobe.air-ucf-package+zip).
  • signatures.xml: A file in the META-INF directory at the root level of the container file system that holds digital signatures of the container and its contents.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about getting panel to load on your test machine or distributing to other people? With CC 2015 the big issue is that it no longer works with Adobe Extension Manager, i.e. a valid .zxp in general does not install properly by double clicking it. It's quite confusing since AEM still opens the files and can copy somethings in right places depending how you made the .zxp possibly leaving Photoshop in a mixed state state of files.

My way of trying to maintain sanity

• Have scripts to clean up everything you might have installed
    • Windows
      • (Addons install location) \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
      • ("normal" install location) C:\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP\extensions
    • Mac
      • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions
  • Have scripts for copying development versions
  • Have scripts for repackaging
  • Before uploading to store create a test package that is not public but shared with you and verify all files get in right places
  • When not store testing, uninstall your extensions from Adobe Addons site so CC does not resync files back to you

One specific point that might be your problem is that in debug mode Photoshop does not verify signature when loading panels. Not in debug mode it does and any leftover file in the folders will break this even with valid signature. Also the signature is in META-INF/signatures.xml and if you're testing by copying files then you get this by extracting the signed zxp

If still in trouble tell us

• Windows/Mac
  • How do you "install"
  • your .mxi/manifest.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  This is a panel that has been distributed through out several territories of my company and used for a while.  After the release of cc 2015 Eclipse no longer would time stamp with the standard https://timestamp.geotrust.com/tsa url.  This seems to be the issue.  Self signing my extensions is now problematic.  I have the same issue with the ZXPSignCmd utilizing both steps you mentioned.  This process of signing does not create the metainfo file that Eclipse does but does create the MetaInfo folder containing the signature file + mimetype file.  I'll keep plugging away at this.  Thank you for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you happen to use latest OSX El Capitan? It's known that ZXPSignCmd fails the timestamping with geotrust - don't ask me why - but it works with Mavericks. By the way, timestamping should be optional in most cases, so try doing just signing.

Regards

Davide Barranca

---

www.davidebarranca.com

www.cs-extensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another signing issue I've experienced was in the formatting of the cert file. I.e. after some update things just stopped working because some variation of the certificate file format/structure stopped being supported. The solution was to import the cert to browser(s) and try re-exporting it with different options until some worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines