• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye Photo Merge Iris Project - Help Needed

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm needing some assitance before taking on a client's project, and I'm not sure of their methods or the best way to do it going forward. The client's project idea is to take 20-30 subpar photos, with plenty of obstructions from eye lids and lashes, and combine them into a single artistic image of the iris and pupil isolated. According to them, they recently began doing these with little Photoshop experience and can do 2-3 within an hour.

Without wanting to sink too much time into it, I approached the project the way someone would if they were trying to merge photos for an HDR effect or to highlight details of the night sky in photos taken from a tripod with slight movement. I couldn't get anything close to what they've done without doing a whole lot manually. Is there a better way to align, merge, and blend these images? Is this a situation where a little generational fill or other ML/AI technique could assist?

Here's an example of a final image and the cluster of images the client intends to provide me to work from:
eye-merge-project.png

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like they are using blending modes between individual layers. Maybe an adjustment layer (?)

The iris is probably roughly the same shape / size in each image, make an elipse selection of the iris (with a fixed size), cut and paste into a new document. Do this for every image, pasting into a "master" document.  All of the Irises should be lined up (and the same size). Play with the blending modes -- if you get what you want use that for the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you already experimented with the stack modes? That’s Scripts > Load Files into Stack (with auto-align and Smart Object options selected), then try the different commands on the menu Layer > Smart Objects > Stack Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines