• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faces not detected in Neural Filters

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Neural Filters, Skin Smoothing and Smart portrait are greyed out.  

• I tried reverting back to a previous version of Photoshop
  • I've tried on several images, it doesn't work for any so it's not an issue where the face isn't clear.  Attached is an image I'm trying to use, you'll see it's big in the frame and clear.

The only thing that I can find with Google searches is people advising on making sure the face is clear etc.

Please help, I use Skin Smoothing every day in my workflow!

Jeff3P9A7119.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Same here, I've updated my GPU driver (AMD) and reinstalled PS but didn't work.

But I found a temporary workaround: in preference-performance, disable using GPU and then face detection works fine.

So I guess the problem is still about v23.5 PS's GPU compatibility, hope it will be fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultuihgdjrwdrs3 I'm sorry you don't have any replies yet. I was able to use the Neural filter successfully (Windows 10, Photoshop 23.5 Release) on your image and the face was detected immediately. Is your graphics card driver updated? Are you signed in to Creative Cloud with your Adobe ID and using a stable Internet connection? Close all apps down, quit Creative Cloud desktop, sign out of Creative Cloud, and then launch Creative Cloud desktop and open Photoshop from there. When is the last time you did a Disk Cleanup and full system shutdown? The idea is to clear everything out and start fresh, since the Neural filters process image data in the cloud.

Also, did you try resetting your Photoshop preferences to get back to a default state? The other option is to copy your Photoshop system configuration here by going to Help > System info and pasting it into a reply. We'll see if we can help you figure out what's going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the graphics card driver. I had updated it to the latest version,
but apparently it wasn't compatible with Photoshop. I downgraded the driver
to a simpler version and it works now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad to hear you're back in business! Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine using Ps 23.5.0 on Win 11, try with preference reset as already suggested because that can solve weird problems sometimes https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problems with neural filters. Suddenly, no faces detected in any photos. Problems started few days / weeks ago, not sure.

Photoshop is up to date, so is graphic card drivers. I have reinstalled photoshop, deleted neural filters and downloaded them again, reset preferences and nothing seems to work.

Anyone else having these problems? Can't find similar discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I've updated my GPU driver (AMD) and reinstalled PS but didn't work.

But I found a temporary workaround: in preference-performance, disable using GPU and then face detection works fine.

So I guess the problem is still about v23.5 PS's GPU compatibility, hope it will be fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. AMD GPU drivers and Photoshop are both updated to latest, but neural filters won't work. I had to disable the GPU settting under Performance to make it work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here; latest AMD drivers and GPU acceleration will not work with Face Smoothing for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have the same issue, lastest AMD GPU driver - Driver Version
22.20.19.09-220819a-382768E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition and Photoshop 23.5.1

Your solution to disable the GPU processing fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it will fix soon. When disable GPU setting, neural filter works fine, but zoom in zoom out is not smooth like using the GPU. My computer using AMD to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling using GPU works for me.

It looks like nothing has changed in more than a year. What is Adobe doing? Problem still there in greatest latest 25.2 beta!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that's the problem. I tried every one of previous versions of AMD drivers, and I found that latest version to work with PS skin smoothing filter is 22.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPU helped me detecting faces. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, but in my case it was because I'd used Generative Fill to fix some blemishes. This created a Generative Layer on top of my original image, which is why the Neural Filters couldn't detect a face. Once I'd flattened the image the Neural Filter recognised the faces right away : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only occuring on AMD cards. I have two PC's and my Neural filters are not working on my AMD. My Nvidia one is fine. If I turn off GPU hardware in PS then it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i did to fix Photoshop Neural Link not Recognizing Faces https://youtu.be/1tIUEjGWis4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines