• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal error - missing component (VersionCue.framework)

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 and everytime I try to start a project or load a picture to photoshop I get this message:

Fatal error - missing component

"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Client/4.0.0/VersionCue.framework "

I tried to follow the path on my computer and it only goes as far as

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Client/4.0.0/VersionCue.framework

that last part (in red) isnt anywhere in the files as far as i can tell.

i have tried to disable version cue in the many ways and places that it may be found according to other posts about this issue.

Nothing seems to work and I am getting frustrated. Anyone have this problem and get it resolved?

Id greatly appreciate the help.

-SKole7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

steve_g13 wrote:

The prefs. in Bridge that Ramon has pointed to are only applicable to Bridge.

Steve,

I haven't had a reson to try it in CS4, but those preferences in Bridge 2.x (CS3) seemed to affect Photoshop CS3 too.  It seemed that having enabled those in Bridge and not in Photoshop was not enough to keep from getting Version-Cue related error messages in Photoshop.

I'll take your word for it if you tell me this was fixed in CS4. 

Bridge 2.x was, in my experience, easily the worst application ev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi SKole7,

It looks like the installer tripped on something. Is this a trial license or purchased license? And is this a Suite install or Ps standalone install? Did you run the 11.0.1 update or other CS4 update?

Did you run the installer as an administrator and check/fix permissions before and after install? I'll see if I can find an article outlining some steps to try. I know on the Windows side there are some problems but haven't seen answers yet for the Mac side in these fora.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a trial version, it is a Ps stand alone and i did run an update on version cue (from 4.0.0 - 4.0.1) I have not run any updates on the Ps software though. I have herd from other people that it could be an installer issue but i removed the sofware and installed it a couple of times now. The same issue presents itself every time. And the computer i am trying to run the software on is a Mac Book Pro.

Thanks for the effort so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop 11.0.1 update is a MUST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can't launch Ps to get the update via Updater, you can download the installer here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4291

I can't recall if the update removed this dependency, but it did make Ps less finicky with Version Cue in some regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the update the sad truth is that the program still isn't acting any different, I still got the same exact message and the program shutdown right after that. I'm sorry if I'm being too vague on the issue... would it make sense to try and rid the program of the desire to use VersionCue? are there any files that can be deleted in order to make Ps stop trying to connect with it?

Thanks again all...

I uploaded a picture of the message it keeps showing me.... Irronically I edited it with Adobe Fw..... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A related picture that MIGHT help is this one that i took of the location to which VersionCue stores its info.... and the shot of how far i was able to get while following the path of the "fatal error" i dont know if they just need to agree or what..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SKole7,

I don't rememer whether you've trashed your preferences yet.

Try doing it first by holding down Command+Option+Shift as you launch Photoshop.

If that doesn't work, try deleting ALL preferences files manually as per:http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405012

If you get the application to launch succesfully, UNcheck all the Version Cue instances both in Bridge and in Photoshop:

Bridge CS4 prefs VersionCue.jpg

and

Ps_CS4_versiouncue_prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is the strange part.... I am sorry for not being specific orrigionally.... Photoshop DOES launch and it always has but when i try to open a picture that is when I run into the problems... and in my Bridge as you can see (pic i uploaded) i dont have those options to uncheck. This leads me to believe that its not installed tobegin with and yet in the second picture i uploaded i show you that i have it in my "system preferences" and it appeares as though it works.... i feel that if the options in bridge were available to uncheck then i would not have the problem anymore haha. Thanks or helping so far though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,

Dropped off this thread and forgot to report back.

You are missing some components (namely /client/4.0.0/etc.) that need to there. I'm not sure what is the best way it get those back.

There are different Version Cue 'areas of interest' and what you have been pointing out are server related. Even turning off thePs preference to 'Enable Version Cue' in File Handling won't change the crashing. The prefs. in Bridge that Ramon has pointed to are only applicable to Bridge.

How do you have other CS4 products installed, with Ps CS4 being a trial license? What order did yo uinstall? Do recall when you ran the Version Cue update?

Contact me at stevegATadobeDOTcom

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steve_g13 wrote:

The prefs. in Bridge that Ramon has pointed to are only applicable to Bridge.

Steve,

I haven't had a reson to try it in CS4, but those preferences in Bridge 2.x (CS3) seemed to affect Photoshop CS3 too.  It seemed that having enabled those in Bridge and not in Photoshop was not enough to keep from getting Version-Cue related error messages in Photoshop.

I'll take your word for it if you tell me this was fixed in CS4. 

Bridge 2.x was, in my experience, easily the worst application ever released by Adobe—or any major software corporation.  It should have been fixed for free by Adobe, but it shamefully was not.  

Message was edited by: Ramón G Castañeda

Message was edited by: Ramón G Castañeda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who helped, i used your imput to solve my problem.... namely i uninstalled everything that i had by adobe and re-installed everything instead of just Ps. turned out that the .dmg file was somehow corrupt... THANKS ALL!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

For any future readers that have this problem with CS3 versions and an error about missing 3.1.0/VersionCue.framework , see this link for a solution:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb402521_en-us

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines