Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Disappeared from "Home" Files

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

When I make drawings on applications like Procreate and then text them to myself to import into Photoshop for further editing they end up in the "Home" tab for the files on my computer and not the "Your Files" section, which normally wouldn't be a probelm but one of mine disapeared. I had opened up the application and double clicked a file I had previously exported and worked on and it just vanished. I opened and closed Photoshop and searched through my deleted files but it's no where to be found. Does anyone know what happened? I'm on Mac btw.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to pay attention to where you save the files to. They are not in "home" or "your files" or in Photoshop at all. They are at a certain location on disk, and you need to know where. What disk, what folder, what subfolder. Then you will always know where to find them.

I've always said that the Photoshop home screen is a fundamentally bad idea, for this very reason. Use a proper file browser like Finder or Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I know my file name and how I would find it using finder but I didn't save it onto my computer, just the normal command s, which originally saved it to the afformentioned home tab in the application. Which only confuses me more because there's still no explination as to why it disapeared after I tried to re-open it after properly saving it nor where it is but I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
there's still no explination as to why it disapeared after I tried to re-open it
By @Hugh5FEC

@Hugh5FEC 

It's not possible to save to the Home tab. The Home tab is a list of Recently opened files and is not a physical location. If the file is moved, deleted, or renamed, it may still show up in Recents on the Home Screen, but will disappear when a file with that name and in that location cannot be found.

You didn't say how you got the file out of Text Messages into Photoshop. I did a right-click on a random image. Both Quick Look and Open used Preview and put the file in Documents. Add to Photos Library pit iit in Photos.

janee_0-1677807424735.png

Side note: have you thought about  using AirDrop instead of Messages?

Can you try doing a search of "This Mac" in Finder:

• Kind: Image
  • Last opened date: within [xxx] days

janee_1-1677807852644.png

Let us know if this works.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines