• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Handling in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I disable or hide some of the extensions that are shown when saving a file through "Save as" option. I want to hide pbs, bmp, pxr etc. Generally, I only use JPEG, PSD, PNG and PDF. But all other formats confuse me when I'm looking for jpeg or png etc. To make my workflow faster, I want to hide all other formats.

51cdf50d-30f8-49e3-a09b-5f8146ff4397.jpg

 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shahid Khaliq the reason for the extensive list is if Photoshop can read the format, it needs to be able to save back out to that format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use "Export As" (under File>Export>Export As) that will limit the choices to JPEG, GIF, PNG.

Also, If you use "Save for Web"  (under File>Export>Save For Web (Legacy)) you can make a preset, so you can just choose that instead of trying to remember what you did last time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another approach is, once that list drops, type the first few letters of the format you want. Like if you want PNG, as soon as you type PN it should select PNG, and then you just hit Enter.

This lets you select any item almost instantly, regardless of how long any menu is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines