• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Metadata

Guru ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im currently midways through a couple of little scripts… Im going to be adding additional metadata to my artwork files…

Bear in mind… once I have done this they are probably/likely going to be put in to some asset management system…

I just don't know which one just yet… ( something like Portfolio Server 11 )

The getting of the extra info that I want is almost done…

What I wondering as a relative noob to XMP schema and such is… Where in the XMP is best to store this…?

Currently in my tests Im putting it in the 'http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/', subject bag…

What I don't know is how much info I can put in here… does it have any limitations…?

Another possible option is I could just create a custom namespace and put a couple of bags in that…?

… but is some other sofware going to see this data…

My other thoughts were can I stick some bags in the PS, AI & ID namespaces…

… don't yet know if Im allowed access to do that? or if for some reasons unknown to me this is not advisable…

The do's and dont's of XMP schema are new to me as Asset Management is about to be… eeeek

If there are any pros n cons on the above… or Asset Management recommendations I would like to hear…

TVM

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, Using the keywords field could get messy, I would go for a custom bag. But if you are going to create a metadata panel for your new fields I have found that bags just don't work on a Windows machine, have tested with CS3/4/5 and 6 this has been reported but no comment or fix from Adobe.

Good luck, glad I'm retired

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears there is a satellite delay here to day… Posts have invisible responces… someone kick that box in the corner…

Oh now the post comes through… Yup this is not something Im looking forward to…

Oh be be an OAP… I've at least 25 more years with the shovel… I'll give up at Adobe CC25… Now that will be a cloud…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines