all my files disappeared after i didn't use photoshop for a month 😞

how do I get em back

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files don't disappear.

They may have disappeared from your home screen, though. The recent files list on your home screen is just a convenience to let you pick up where you left off before lunch. It is not a file browser that actually keeps track of the files. It's just a dead list stored in your preferences. It doesn't get updated. 

They will still be on disk. You have to search for them.

Pay attention to where you save, and use a file browser like Finder or Bridge to organize your files and folders. Then they don't disappear the next time.

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's how it works. We can't know where your files are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned, it is unlikley that your files have disappeared.

Here is a page on how to find files on a Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchlp2305/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @TG25755308kl9n please confirm that you meant the home screen, as @D Fosse guessed, so that the bug can be converted to a discussion.

What happened within the last month? Did you update Photoshop, or is Auto-Update on on your Creative Cloud Desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TG25755308kl9n 

DId you manage to find your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had my own "Photoshop ate my files"-moment just two days ago. Reopening files I had been working on, they had suddenly mysteriously "reverted" to a much earlier state, and a full days work seemingly lost.

If I didn't know better, I would have screamed murder.

Digging a bit deeper, of course, the files were all there and fully up to date. They were just in a different folder. Backtracking my moves on that day led me straight to them.

This is a true story, I'm not making it up for rhetorical purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines