• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Filter: sexual] MLinder's post body matched "tied up", board "photoshop".

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Filter: sexual] MLinder's post body matched "tied up", board "photoshop".

Post Subject: Re: "If not, how do I load them?"   Hi Try installing your Ty...

Post Body:

I'll say it again. This is not an installation issue! My Type 1 Postscript fonts load and work flawlessly in Windows. They're handled by Extensis Suitcase Fusion 9 and worked fine until Premiere Pro 2020 and Photoshop 2020.

Type 1.pngHere are Premiere and Windows Notepad, live, side by side, with Premiere refusing to acknowledge a Type 1 font successfully running in Windows, a font that Premiere handled without incident a few days earlier. Happens with most any Type 1, from what I'm learning, in Photoshop as well. 

It appears to be an early symptom of what will happen next year. Adobe to outlaw Type 1 Postscript fonts in its apps. Extensis Support tipped me off about Adobe dropping Postscript, then said it's already begun, starting with "olderType 1 fonts." 

I've brought this to Dov Isaac's atrtention at the page Jane has shown me. I hope he has a solution, but I've been working with Postscript for more than 30 years. I cannot understand why Adobe won't let Type 1 remain, like those "obsolete" routines in Premiere, kept for the benefit of users. What's the harm? Postscript works fine in Windows and on most any printer. It's not in Word because of licensing wars between Microsoft and Adobe, but I have tens of thousands of dollars tied up 851 Type 1 Postscipt fonts acquired since PageMaker 3 in 1988. I'm not alone. Turns out vinyl LPs were actually awesome, but we spent billions on CDs anyway, then spent it all over again on digital files. I've seen this gag before.     

Body text "tied up" matched filter pattern "tied up".

Post by User[id=8868580,login=MLinder] was rejected for the following end-user facing error(s):

• The message body contains tied up, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?