• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX EXTRAS - IT SHOULD NOT TURN ON BY ITSELF OMG!!!!!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I have hit an absolute wall with you.
You release new features all the time that NO ONE WANTS.

NO ONE COULD EVER WANT EXTRAS TO TURN ON BY ITSELF.
Why do we pay $70 for this? I just dont understand what you are spending my money on.
I need the program to work... Without YOUR PERSONALIZATIONS BEING FORCED ON ME!

The latest fresh install on AMD machines (Both fresh installs, one is my school pc, one is my home pc)
Have this bug.
They automatically have extra's turned on for all new docs, and WHILE IN THE DOC and EDITING, some actions turn it back on.

One such action is CTRL + A. Why does selecting-all turn extras on? Who thought this was a good idea?
Please. Stop. Forcing. Your. Personal. Preferences. On. Other. People.

I would not come to your house and change your furniture around.
Please REMOVE THIS FEATURE AT ONCE.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug Reports are registered at Adobe, otherwise this is essentially a user Forum, though thankfully some Adobe employees do occasionally chime in.

So while you are not rearranging anyone’s furniture you are »screaming« at people that are not the people you are trying to »scream« at. 

One such action is CTRL + A. Why does selecting-all turn extras on? 

I guess because many people generally prefer a Selection to be indicated by the »Marching Ants«. 

But quite frankly I am not sure I understand your actual problem, could you please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels to illustrate what exactly happens on your station?

Which other »Extras« do appear at creating a Selection? 

Edit: On my station Grid and Guides do not appear when View > Extras is unchecked and I create a Selection, including via »Select All«. 

Have you tried View > Show > None? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines