FIX YOUR APPS.

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not paying 500€ a year for this if every update works worse than the last. This is shameful to charge so much for apps that work terribly. I dread opening them because they either crash my system or my file. Enough. If Photoshop doesn't get sorted by the next update, I'm quitting your overpriced Suite 90% of which I don't even use (but have to buy because individual programs are more expensive) and switching to Affinity.

[Topic edited by moderator & moved from Using the Community to Photoshop.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

You don't say which apps you use but if Photoshop is all you need, the Photography Plan bundle might be better fit for $10/month for 12 months. Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Adobe Technical Support can be reached by phone or online chat. 

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this kind of reply is another point and a bone to pick with Adobe, which you are not making available in the tags (bugs, ideas etc.), which is to do with your policy. You immediately assume my hardware and software are the issues. They are not; my system is more than capable of handling your apps. Furthermore, some of my colleagues who own much more powerful systems are also pulling their hair with frustration with your programs. I use not only Photoshop but also Illustrator and Indesign, a joint package for which is, of course, unavailable.

Suggesting I check if my system meets the necessary requirements is quite frankly an insulting and blatantly agitating way of twisting my arm (and that of others) into unnecessarily spending money on upgrading my hardware when I know for a fact (based on numerous accounts of other users) that the issue lies with Adobe's frantic and quite visibly disjointed decisions related to frequent and unnecessary updates. You are doing what Apple did (or does), creating a problem we need to pay you (or your partners) to fix.

You may freely pass on my comments to your superiors or whoever is in charge of major decisions. Many other users and I are increasingly frustrated with paying a premium price for a sub-par service. On top of that, you are deflecting the problem back to us. If you've established yourselves as an industry standard, enable us to work correctly with your software; otherwise, as I stated before, you'll be losing me (and others).

No need to reply to this; this is an intentionally one-sided statement on my part in hopes of reaching more users who experience the same issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may freely pass on my comments to your superiors or whoever is in charge of major decisions.

By @Nenaddiczkov

This is a user to user forum.  We are not Adobe employees.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggesting I check if my system meets the necessary requirements is quite frankly an insulting and blatantly agitating way of twisting my arm (and that of others) into unnecessarily spending money on upgrading my hardware

By @Nenaddiczkov

There are many users who post on the Adobe forums that have hardware that is not robust enough to run some Adobe applications properly. In order to help you troubleshoot issues, we have to start somewhere.  You didn't provide anything to allow us to help you.

If you just want to rant, that is OK, but if you really want to get your Adobe applications working well, I would suggest that you provide more specific information about the problems you are experiencing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nenaddiczkov wrote:

I use not only Photoshop but also Illustrator and Indesign, a joint package for which is, of course, unavailable.

The joint package is Creative Cloud All Apps. Instead of using complicated packages and combinations that would frustrate users because the one program, that the user would need in addition, would not be included, Adobe had the great idea of offering all apps in the package. Before this, we used a bunch of bundles, frustrating some users, because occasionally, one program was missing. By upgrading every second version, we had around the same costs than the subscription now. 

The fact that all programs are available does not mean, that you need to use them all. It's just, that if you want to use them, they are available.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You immediately assume my hardware and software are the issues. They are not; my system is more than capable of handling your apps.

By @Nenaddiczkov

========

No, I assume nothing.  I don't work for Adobe. As a fellow product user, I don't know who you are or what your computer competency is.  You are a total stranger to me.  Likewise, I have no idea what your system specs are. Only you know that.

To say that I have any motive to "strong arm" you is not only vain it's ridiculous.  My remark about checking system requirements is fundamental  to rule out obvious reasons for performance problems, particularly since this is a user-to-user forum and not Adobe technical support. 

I'll defer to other product users now. Perhaps they can help you.  Goodbye and best of luck with whatever it is you're struggling with.

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nenaddiczkov wrote:

they either crash my system or my file.

Are you sending in the crash reports and including your email? Adobe Staff is on this forum and they read all the crash reports. You might create a new post describing the issue and tag it as "Bugs" instead of "Discussions" so they will see your post. Tell them you have submitted the crash reports so they can match the reports to your post.

Please consider this. 

Jane

Forum volunteer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

This is of course a start should your goal be to fix what you tell us is 'crashing' with little useful details about your specific system, OS, or even PS version. If the goal is just to complain, no one here at Adobe is paying attention to you as explained earlier. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines