• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluidity problem in photoshop on windows (video)

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
last time i posted a question "is the adobe suite not optimized for ryzen",
I recently bought a mac only for this concern, and the difference is noticeable, Photoshop is 10 times smoother on the macbook while my workstation is 2 times more powerful than the mac,

Video: https://youtube.com/shorts/EFKIamHEeG0?feature=share

Macbook Pro M1 16/512

Workstation: -Asus x570 prime p
- Ryzen 7 3700x
- 32gb (4×8gb 3200mhz XPG D41)
- RTX 2060 Super
- Kingston SSD

I would like to have a logical explanation for this problem. Either it's a problem with my workstation, or it's the adobe suite that is not optimized for windows

I need your opinion on this. Is this the case for you?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NA27110423ddq6 you're comparing Apples (no pun intended) to Oranges.

"My workstation is 2x more powerful than the Mac" is not accurate.

A Google search shows multiple comparison tests that show the M1 is faster than your Ryzen 7.

You can search for the same comparisons for your Nvidia RTX Gpu as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Before posting this topic I did a lot of research on the subject, all the tests show that the ryzen is better (I'm talking about the benchmarks), I'd like to see the tests you've seen, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NA27110423ddq6, thanks for making the video demo (and with a lift track, too!). While I can't make the same OS comparison test, you suggest, “or it's the adobe suite that is not optimized for windows...”. As a Windows 10 user, I haven't experienced any fluidity problems. I think the Adobe Suite is optimized for Windows, generally speaking. I'm using an 11th Gen Intel Core processor and so far, all features run fully optimized. However, I'm assuming your question is specific to AMD Ryzen microprocessors and Photoshop. Other Ryzen users have reported various concerns over the years. AFAIK, Adobe has not provided any statements specific to Ryzen not being optimized. Perhaps they will weigh in here to give you some guidance, along with other Ryzen users who want to share their opinions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with platform as such. The CC market share is about 50/50 Windows/Mac, so obviously they're not prioritizing one over the other. That would be a pretty stupid way to do business.

However, there does seem to be a disproportionate share of Ryzen systems with performance issues. Engineers have previously expressed a bit of puzzlement over this, and asked for reproducible cases. They really want to fix it.

Note that some users (here and elsewhere) have resolved these problems by updating the BIOS. Worth a try.

If you get crashes, do submit crash reports.

Oh, and just as another random data point, my own experience with Photoshop/Adobe apps on Windows has always been stellar. It has always run like a champion, never a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm back (sorry I had some problems with the power supply of my pc)

I admit I was a bit stupid when I said that the Adobe Suite is more optimized on macOS,

So what I did, I updated the bios of my motherboard (from ver1209 to ver4602), I reinstalled Windows 11, the same fonts installed on the mac are installed on the pc, and still the same problem as the video,

The only difference between the PC and the MBP is the speed of the SSD, I did the test and the conclusion: SSD of the MBP is 15x faster than the SSD of my PC.

Could this be the source of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines