Font No Longer Supported by Adobe!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Arnold Bocklin font that I purchased and have been using in Photoshop for 20 years suddenly disappeared! The Adobe rep I spoke to today said that Photoshop no longer supports it! I use this font for my business and really need to have it back! Why would Adobe discontinue it and can they reconsider this decision? Is there any way for me to get it back?

Thank you,

Pamela

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022
The discontinuation of the Type 1 fonts is industry-wide. That being said, there has been an OpenType version of that font since the early 2000's. It WAS available at Adobe at that time and could be found on their Font Folio Collections, but many Linotype fonts (which Arnold Boecklin is) are no longer being licensed by Adobe. You will need to purchase it again through Linotype or its resellers. It's not that expensive, so if you purchased it originally 20 years ago, I think you got fair amount o...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discontinuation of the Type 1 fonts is industry-wide. That being said, there has been an OpenType version of that font since the early 2000's. It WAS available at Adobe at that time and could be found on their Font Folio Collections, but many Linotype fonts (which Arnold Boecklin is) are no longer being licensed by Adobe. You will need to purchase it again through Linotype or its resellers. It's not that expensive, so if you purchased it originally 20 years ago, I think you got fair amount of value out of that purchase. The other benefit of buying the OpenType version now is that there is a "Pro" version with many more glyphs than the old "Std" version. It's only $50-ish... I think your business can absorb that cost pretty quickly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Thank you so much for your quick response! I definitely do not mind purchasing it again! I just need it back. I'm not familiar with Linotype... but I will look into it. As long as the new purchased version is compatible with Photoshop, I am happy.

Thanks again!

Pamela

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! This is a hige help! I really appreciate it. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Huge help) 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you purchase the OTF version, you will have to do a find/replace to replace the old Arnold Boecklin in your documents with the new Arnold Boecklin Pro (or Arnold Boecklin Std), as it won't be an automatic replacement, but besides that the font outlines should be identical so you shouldn't see any reflow, but always check through the documents.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Again, your info is so helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines