• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts [Error/Bug]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon guys, I for some days have been with some problems in my Photoshop.

Only today I realized that there is an error in installing fonts. Photoshop is conflicting with .ttf (TrueType) fonts. Can anyone explain what's going on? I've never had problems with this however I'm a bit off the subject.

Basically Photoshop with .ttf fonts stops responding without any kind of error, it stops opening files, let alone create some text.

However it is resolved but I would like to be able to talk about this subject since I had never had this problem.

Best Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you have loaded a .ttf file to your computers fonts folder and photoshop is not seeing it or having and error seeing it? Does it do this for all of the .ttf files you load? I wonder if there is a problem in the .ttf file you have loaded? Have you tried loading another file and see if you get the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all .ttf files are causing some problem in my Photoshop. I tried several but the same "error" happens Photoshop stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a font manager with Photoshop plug ins or are you loading these directly into your computer font folder? Also what system and version of PS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using direct from my computer's Fonts folder. At this moment I am still with Windows 7 I will soon change to Windows 10. Photoshop have the last version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if after you restart the computer does the font and type layers start working again? I am wondering if it is a processor and cache issue? Does it stop working immediately when you start using the layer or after you have been working with the layer for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically photoshop automatically with the .ttf file stops responding having to go to the task manager and finish the task. It turns out that the problem is "solved" because I just left the .otf fonts and went to try photoshop twice. It just with .otf files works perfectly without any problem and super fast. With .ttf file (I tried several) the same problem gets stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it all TTF files? Id remove them all temporarily and see if it is just one corrupt font file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes they are all .ttf files however I think it is already resolved. I before formatting my computer, I created a small backup of all the fonts I used. Probably should have been corrupted the .ttf files because today I downloaded a new one and went to try out Photoshop. For now I had no problems. Thanks a lot for your help I'm a bit distracted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines