• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

foreground and background are reversed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what it sounds like I'm asking, but just swapping which color I'm painting with is NOT the problem I'm having.

I want my foreground color to be white, and my background color to be black. However when I open quick mask mode, it immediately reverses which color is which. When I exit quick mask mode, the problem stays there.

I know how to switch between colors, but why is it reversing which color is the foreground and which color is the background? Even if I change the color values, it's still telling me when I paint in black that's highlight for the mask, and white is remove mask- it's very confusing

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the quick mask symbol to bring up the option window. Change the setting to reverse the forground color.Screenshot 2022-07-11 090122.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for replying but this is not the problem i'm having.  i'll try to show with pictures- i know how to swap whether my brush is painting with the foreground color or the background color, but for some reason the colors assigned to foreground and background (the small squares) are not what i'm used to. i'm used to white is foreground and black is background. so when i quick mask, if i paint with white, it is behaving like it's the background color, not the foreground. This happens even if i open the color selector and change the foreground color to white- it still behaves like it's the background color.

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 11.02.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-12 at 11.02.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines