Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Tool Issues

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry if this is worded weirdly, I'm just getting started with learning how to use photoshop and I'm not overly familiar with everything.

But I've been having an issue. I've been learning how to use the Frame tool, but about half the time when I have it selected, it acts just like a selection tool. When I click to drag out the fram dimensions for the layer I have selected, the cursor icon doesn't change and it just drags whatever's underneath it, even if it's not the layer I have selected in the panel. 

Sometimes the cursor will change to the frame tool icon when it's over other layers or when it's outside the canvas but I can't find a pattern to why it works over some layers and not others.

Any advice on why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for you patience and let me know if anything needs clarification.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you are working with? I have been trying to reproduce the issue you are talking about, and would like a little more info. Is this just when you are trying to create frames? Is it also when you are trying to move frames? Are you trying to move the image inside the frame?

In your layers Panel, do you have the frame (Left) or image (right) selected when you try to more it?

Let us know so we can help,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines