• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Tool

Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with Frame layers.  You will have problems with Scripts and Image may not be fitted correctly if you are not. Here I placed a Large 8MP 300PPI  images into  a small low resolution document in a frame.  Place created a smart object layer that was so small it dose not fill the frame. For the most part Script worked correctly. However, the script did not see the layer name in the layers palette which was the image name + Frame. The script did not see  Frame at the end of the name..  When I change the Layer Name scripts started to have more problems.  As the Active Layer Script got the correct  layer name but did not know what type of layer it was  the layer ID had been changed.  processing  it as a layer object the LayerKind was correct a Smart Object layer however, the Layer name was still the old image name without the Frame not the new changed layer name.Capture.jpg

JJMack
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very strange was not  the rename that change the layer to a different  layer ID. Its crazer then that.  It seems a Frame layer is more that one layer sort of.  If I target the Frame Layer Frame  Photoshop Active Layer report the Layer is an undefined type with  some layer Id. The layer name is image name space frame. The a layer bounds is that of the created smart object's size.  The smart object size is to small the fill the frame because place degraded the large 300ppi image to an image 78px by 117px.  If I target the frame layer Image.  Photoshop Active Layer report the Layer is a SmartObject layer with  a different layer Id than the Frame layer id. The layer name is image name.  The a layer bounds of the created smart object size which was not scaled up to  fill the frame by the  frame too it shoul be. If I scale the image up in size to fill the frame the layer bounds change for both Layer ID.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines