• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

free transform tool gif crop

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey so i recently change from a macbook to a laptop with windows and some things are different, so this is why i'm asking this right now. when i used to make gifs on my mac i used the loads files into stacks method, so i would crop the part of the screencap i wanted to gif and in case i wanted to move it a little bit to the left, right, up or down i would just use the free transform tool, the full screencap still being "there" if i wanted to do that, but i don't seem to be able to do that in windows. does anyone know an alternative to it or how to do it?

tumblr_0cc4c72d227fe817afdb74f57a3806a2_bb211de1_400.png

not my sc but thats how it used to look and now it just "selects" around the cropped part and i guess the full screencap is gone? if anyone knows about this and could tell me it would be appreciated!! thanks !!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

What you are asking is content outside image area or canvas, right? If you have cropped previously but content is still there then two options comes to my mind:

• You were cropping Smart Object layer. Since it is not possible to crop Smart Object layer its content is still around. To replicate this convert image to Smart Object then use Crop tool.
  • You were using Image > Canvas Size to "crop" canvas only leaving image as it is, one part outside of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are asking is content outside image area or canvas, right? If you have cropped previously but content is still there then two options comes to my mind:

• You were cropping Smart Object layer. Since it is not possible to crop Smart Object layer its content is still around. To replicate this convert image to Smart Object then use Crop tool.
  • You were using Image > Canvas Size to "crop" canvas only leaving image as it is, one part outside of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS!!! i used the first suggestion and it worked, i don't know why it used to work when i cropped before converting to smart object, but yeah thanks for your help 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines