• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing in PS CC 2018 after using Camera RAW

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2018 is working fine when loading JPEG files or previous PSD fiiles. BUT while opening RAW files in Camera RAW and opening a Smart Object in the Camera RAW filter and allowing them to be worked on, in both cases, on re-importing to Photoshop, the program freezes, and the only way out is via closing the program with the Task manger. (Working in Windows 8.1) Similarly, Adobe Bridge freezes after opening a file in Camera RAW and then trying to use the file or open it elsewhere.  No problems before upgrading to the 2018 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPUs does not fix for me.

Mac Pro, 64 GB Ram, Mac OS 10.13.4, PS CC 18

Possible solution: Convert raw files into DNG before importing into PS Camera Raw. I'm working with IIQ raw format files, but if I use the Adobe DNG converter to make them DNG format, and the open using Camera Raw—replace contents in a Raw placed as a Smart Object—PS will not crash even with GPU acceleration turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It's work for me. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Had just upgraded the graphics card so I could use the 'Oil Paint' in Photoshop Filters which allowed Open CL to be turned on which it did but had the unfortunate side effect of freezing PS after attempting to use PS from Camera Raw! Once the graphics card turned off in Raw.........all's well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-imaged a Win10 PC, reinstalled CC2018 and ran into this problem.  Open file in Bridge/Camera RAW, edit in Camera RAW, DONE.  The adjustments wouldn't save and Bridge/Photoshop would lockup.

Disabled the Graphics Card in Preference and the problem solved. 

Thanks so much everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop CC 2019 and the camera RAW problem that locked up Photoshop CC 2018 happened again the fix is as mentioned in this thread by unchecking "Use Graphics Processor". Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am using Photoshop files (TIFF) created from LR with Smart Objects containing RAW data. When I open the Smart Object, edit it in Camera RAW and then try to close it, PS freezes and I need to kill it via the task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue with the latest Photoshop CC. I can't use the Raw filter. It looks like it is loading and then the program freezes. I have tried all the proposed fixes for 2018 and it did not work. I have the latest download and have rebotted my computer as well......Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines