Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Future Of Tool Presets

Contributor ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

With the introduction of "Brush Presets", it almost seems like the Tool Presets panel is becoming obsolete.

I really, really hope not.

So much of my customised workflow is dependent on the Tool Presets panel, and I know that many other users need this panel as well.

Is there any information on the future of this panel?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Adobe's pllans are under strict non-disclosure, so we are not privy to anything until release.

Tool Presets are basically a place to create and have quick access to all your tools, not just the brushes.

You do have a Brush Preset Picker, but that stores every single brush you have, and that would mean a lot of rooting through them, especially if you added collections.

This is where the Tool Preset comes in handy for brushes. You simply put aside your commonly used favorites for quick access.

You might add a chalk brush and next a pattern brush, or use your own settings to create a custom brush.

Since the Tools preset is for all Tools...I have a custom preset for the Crop Tool and Marquee tool, and again I don't have to go through the list of presets in the Tool itself, just save and name what I use.

So I don't think Tools Presets is going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phew... thanks gener7.

I'm one of those users who always confused the Tool Presets panel with the Brush Presets panel. I could never understand why there was 2 of these panels; but now I understand why we need both.

Yes I agree, it makes sense to keep the Tool Presets panel. One click and you get instant access to any tool with all customisations.

Thanks again and have a great night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines