Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GENERATING ASSET WITH "COMA" IN NAMING

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to generate many assets from the artboards. All of them works ok, but one asset name contains coma

and photoshop interprets it as a separate asset. How can I generate asset with the coma in naming?

Asset name: _4320x1300]_LAN-es-ES_PUR-[logo,applelogo].png

It is generated as: applelogo].png   

Thanks in advance for any answers or clues 🙂

Oliwia

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

People's Champ , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

I don't know if the problem was solved or not. I don't use this at all. But those who like to experiment can try to correct the code. Here is an example for PS2020.

rbin_0-1711671222500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ , Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

I don’t know who marked my answer as a solution, which it is not.

But there is still a solution!

Tested for PS2020.

To separate names, you can still use the “+” symbol. The comma is now a part name.

You need to find two parser.js files

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\assets.generate\lib\parser.js
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\node_modules\generator-assets\lib\parser.js

And in them, find and replace

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess somebody will have to create some kind of script that would automatically change this naming. That is the only thing that comes to my minf right now. Otherwise we have to do that mannually. I think it is not the problem of graphic designers anymore - as we cannot work it out within Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is not the problem of graphic designers anymore - as we cannot work it out within Adobe...

Didn’t @r-bin give you a solution and it is your company, not Adobe, that prevents you from using it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler  @Stephen_A_Marsh  that is exactly what I have ment - a have a solution but I cannot change anything in Adobe due to my company policy, so this is not my problem anymore.  As we have to generate many assets in the short time, the company has to find the best option to change names of multiple files .  There are many solutions - scripts, bridge, or doing it manually, all of them require extra time.  The decision is up to them not to me.  Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I had misinterpreted the previous post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess somebody will have to create some kind of script that would automatically change this naming.

By @Oliwia_tamalesamigos

Would your company allow you to use a script? There are multiple options - OS level script on Mac or Win OS, Adobe script, Adobe Bridge Batch Rename tool etc. Even the Mac Finder has a simple bulk rename feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines