• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Ai Credits

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have engaged with Adobe's online chat (which was a ridiculous waste of time) as well as asking via X (silence) hence as to why I am posting here.

I have the 20GB Photography Plan - prepaid yearly beginning 6th September.

My understanding is I am entitled to 250 monthly credits (as my subscription began prior to 1st November)

Can anyone - either a Adobe employee or someone else on here confirm this and what day of the month does my allocation of credits renew as Adobe's online chat are clueless.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's posts on this subject are very clear.  It is is easy to find your current credits, how they are charged, and when they renew.  Just read the info Adobe has online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are that clear then why don't Adobes own employees understand them.

I'm far from stupid and beleive they should have renewed today. They haven't.

The info online may be correct (and yes I have read it thanks) if that's the case then they should stick to it or tell us why they haven't. Also train their staff better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm far from stupid and beleive they should have renewed today. They haven't.

By @Geoffrey239952378o0z

What it says on the page, in the highlighted Note at the top, is:

“For a limited time, Creative Cloud, Adobe Firefly, Adobe Express, and Adobe Stock paid subscribers won't be subject to generative credit limits. To learn when credit limits will apply, check back here after January 1, 2024.”

The article does not have any renewal information in it. The text says to check back after January 1, 2024, and you’re not stupid, it is now after that date. But…the text says the purpose of the date is specifically “to learn when credit limits will apply,” not when they will renew. That exact wording suggests two things:

A. From previous updated announcements as well as the January 1 date in that article, we know that Adobe did not begin issuing and charging Generative Credits on the date they originally said they would (which was back in the fall), and they announced the new January 1 date to give themselves more time to study generative AI server usage to refine the policy for Generative Credits. I’m not aware of any updates to that, so it seems like we are still in the state where users are still not subject to generative credit limits, and Generative Credits are not yet being assigned, charged, or renewed. If I am assuming all of this correctly, it means that for now, there is no Generative Credits renewal to check for.

B. Because the article has no new information even though January 1, 2024 has passed, that might mean that Adobe still has not yet decided on when to start issuing and charging Generative Credits, and may be revisiting some of the numbers like how many credits we get or are charged for which activities.

However, I don’t work for Adobe, I am looking at the same public information, so I could be wrong on some of that. But, based on the wording, that’s my guess for now: You don’t have to worry about credit limits yet because Adobe is still studying how exactly they want to manage demand for the Generative Fill servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My allocation has just been refreshed this morning.

An Adobe employee who I contacted on Friday was wrong on both counts.

By the way the info above is on the UK site. The US site info is slightly different

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way the info above is on the UK site. The US site info is slightly different

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

By @Geoffrey239952378o0z

Good catch, Geoffrey, I was thinking that Ged's link did not match what I read yesterday. I tried three countries and they differ.

Ged's link has /ie/ (Ireland): https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

The UK site has /uk/:  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

The French site has /fr/: https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

US site:

janee_0-1704630323395.png

UK and IE sites:

janee_1-1704630433595.png

No wonder there is confusion!

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I checked back and I finally see Generative Credits displayed on my account (USA). As Jane-e’s screen shot shows, Adobe updated the date in that article from January 1 to January 17, and that’s today. (I hadn’t thought to check back until today, so I don’t know if they actually appeared before today.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone - either a Adobe employee or someone else on here confirm this and what day of the month does my allocation of credits renew as Adobe's online chat are clueless.

By @Geoffrey239952378o0z

Employee Pattie-F updated the post about Generative Credits with the current information yesterday (January 17). This should help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-what-you-need-to-know-about...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines