• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative fill is different color from image

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been reported since a previous version of Beta.

In the last couple of weeks, the functionality of the remove tools, generative fill, and generative expand have ceased functionality. They render different colors from the rest of the image. This has occurred on both of my work systems which are Windows 11 with dedicated GPUs.

I have spend days trying every solution I could find on forums, and I have uninstalled both version numerous times on both systems. I have tried all the alleged solutions regarding color profiles and while some make it better they do not correct the issue entirely. If I have to blend extensively and use the heal tool to make it look proper, then why am I using this new version of Photoshop that I have to pay monthly for?

I could be doing this on cs6 by hand if I have to do this manually, and I wouldn't have to keep paying for nothing by headaches and hangups from working.

The following screenshot is from 25.9.1 and I do not have Beta installed on this system.Screenshot 2024-07-12 094323.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent an hour using the contact option for "help", and the only things I was asked or offered were:

1. "Are you using 2 monitors?"
2. "Can you provide me with the links to the other forum posts, so I can check?"
3. "Re-install a previous version"...

I miss the days when I paid for a stable products, once...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry have to laugh at some of the suggestions they gave you. Here are some good things to check.

1. Go to settings/Image Processing and change the Remove Tool to "More Stable" (relaunch PS).

2. Try editing in 8 bit RGB not 16 bit.

Here is an example using the same version PS with the Gen Expand, Fill and Remove tool on the clothing wrinkles. Note there are no color shifts, edges.

If none of these help improve, go to System Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste the results in a reply.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1720794519585.png

I even blew out the exposure to see if something was there after expanding:

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1720794667495.png

I am seeing a defined seam but its in the corner of the image - not sure if that was from a previous expand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could laugh, but I am just flabbergasted. I will try

You generated something over on the left side - there is a seam on both sides. Look to the baseboard and flooring. I just did a quick example - it is every single photo and no matter where. Even just circling an object creates an area of different color. I included the same photo with a different variation of the sides and I tried the remove tool with "more stable" on the floor between their feet to remove a seam in the floor. You can see it has a high saturation in comparison to the surrounding areas.

sc4.jpg

Even editing in 8bit offers the same results, but I would rather not use it regardless. 16bit worked fine prior to finally updating a couple weeks ago - I had disabled updates and don't remember which version I was last on that worked properly, but I have attempted to reinstall a couple of the previous versions to no avail so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is anything Generative AI related is cloud-based. Going back versions in PS will still utilize the same source engine in the cloud to generate so if the issue is with Gen AI then versioning won't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

proof 2.jpg
Here is an example of just the remove tool on a flat piece of wall. This was never an issue before, but now you can see it looks burned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled a screenshot of the "after" image and overexposed it to focus in. I'm not seeing the burned in area.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1720796361066.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pink.jpgThe pink area there? I use a color corrected monitor, because I print photos. It is very apparant on my end, and on any printed photos. That is how it first came to my attention.

It's almost like it oversaturates the spot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

proof reb.jpgIt is visible in your screenshot there, by the way. I know I am pixel peeper, but the color difference can be verified by sampling colors in that circle vs out. There is a pinkish hue to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The issue is anything Generative AI related is cloud-based. Going back versions in PS will still utilize the same source engine in the cloud to generate so if the issue is with Gen AI then versioning won't help."

So, it was coincindence that I updated Photoshop and these issues began that week? Thus it's not either of my systems or any of my downloaded program preferences that are causing this?

It would explain why every "remedy" or option I change in program has no effect on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding further proof that the rendered areas are off in color and saturation:

proof7.png

This did not occur before: it worked fine a couple weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...but don't think that means layers of corrections is a suitable "solution":

proof8.png

Every area is rendered a different balance of colors, so you'll have to mask and balance each area for high resolution images. In the attached image, I'd have to do this process almost 3 dozens times.

I'm back to doing techniques that were tried and true in CS6...
They're quicker than whatever this monstrosity has become, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines