• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generative fill remove object issues

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just spent a ton of time trying to remove myself from a photo and the results from generative fill were a horror to behold.  I'm not sure if it's truly a bug or not, but the AI absolutely refused to remove the selected object (me) and instead insisted on replacing me with an AI-generated "woman" who became more unnatural and gruesome with each generation attempt.  I tried leaving the prompt blank, typing "remove," "remove woman," "background only" and countless variations of the same.  I don't understand why every single prompt attempt produces the same horrible result and nothing at all like what I was asking for.  The turorials claim that leaving the prompt blank will remove the selected object, but I have had no sucess with this, even after changing the selection multiple times.  Does anyone have any insights on this?

I managed to complete my project with ok results the old-fashioned way, but gen fill would have been nice.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use generative fill, but as I understand it, that's what generative fill is advertised to do. It fills with something (but you never know what).

I'd think the remove tool is what you want. Or do it the old-fashioned way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd think the remove tool is what you want. Or do it the old-fashioned way.

By @D Fosse 

Agreed, use the right tool for the job, or content-aware fill or the other old-fashioned ways.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/tool-techniques/remove-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the remove tool and the content-aware fill were disastrous, due to the amount of other stuff in the photo, shadows and etc.  I spent hours and hours attempting the use of each.  Gen fill is advertised to remove things; its intro video shows exactly that function...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do when Gen Fill just won't remove something is I cover it over with the clone stamp. This obviously leaves a mess but it's a mess that doesn't look like an object or person. Then I use the Remove tool or Gen Fill with no prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius! That worked beautifully.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post (a lores or the pertinent section of) the image in question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jennifer373428314siw 

Please remove the face of the person in this picture or make it unrecognisable in some other way (e.g. with a black bar) 

Upload the image in the existing size) to a hoster of your choice (e.g. Adobe Cloud or Dropbox ...) and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines