• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative fill suggestions

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a hard time getting decent results with generative fill. While I am probably a victim of all the fanfare about miracle-working AI, I was also thinking maybe I am just doing it wrong.

Most times I try to select the subject (human) and then ask AI to provide a whole new background. 

Is this something I can expect from PS at this point? I've seen the video and most times it seems about "add this object there" or "expand this existing scenario". 
Can you please help me understand if it's just a matter of prompts or maybe the tool is not meant to do this?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should post screenshots of what you want to achieve, so that users can replicate that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right, and both the comments made me think that what I was actually expecting was from the AI to work some magic that I didn't even know in details my self, like "surprise me". 

This was the outcome of a very simple prompt "star sky, art", but I found every element to be quite cheap and poorly refined. How could I "improve" this? Can I point the AI towards a specific reference if I find one? 

Screenshot 2023-10-07 alle 18.06.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You entered “art”, so you will get art…

Abambo_0-1696698669283.png

Abambo_1-1696698688596.png

Abambo_2-1696698731732.png

Changing art to photo:

Abambo_5-1696698989470.png

All depends on the prompt you use for getting a result in one or the other direction.

The initial image:

Abambo_4-1696698774871.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not provide a single example so is dififcult to assist. Would you call a mechanic and expect them to know be able to help with your car, without them being able to see your car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvUZIm083P8&t=779s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines