• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting out of a tool

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i am using a tool like lasso or move and i am done - i cannot get out of that tool.   i have pressed escape a dozen times, i have done tool reset and reset all tools.   even if i close the program come back in and open a new file i will still be stuck in the tool mode i was DRIVING ME FRICKING CRAZY!!   how do i just get my cursor back.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Which version of the application and Windows are you using? Does this happen with a new file?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please back up your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@janice28022800o9ro 

Hi Janice,

If you are talking about the tools in the Tools panel, you always have to have one tool chosen. Escape is for other features, but will not deselect tools, as you have found out. The Move tool is the default tool, so I usually click it or press the shortcut "V" if I don't want to be on a selection (or other) tool.

It's always been like this — at least since PS 3.0, when I started. It doesn't matter what your version or OS is. Creating a new file or resetting preferences won't change that.

As to your cursor disappearing, try pressing Caps Lock. Several folks have reported that brings the cursor back.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, you remain in the tool, until you select a new tool. What are you expecting to happen? What do you want the cursor to become?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines