• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost shape appears when using "Export as"

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a file, if I use "export as" and try to save as a png (regular or 8-bit, with or w/o transparency), a jpg, or a gif, I get a ghost shape (perpendicular and horizontal right angles that are not part of  any channel, path, mask, etc.) appearing in my image. Saving as an svg does not cause this to occur. Using "save for web (legacy)" does not cause this ghost shape to appear. 

The issue occurs when I have layers "Shape 1" and/or "Shape 1 copy" (shape path layers) visible (at any transparency, 0-100%) along with the curves layer visible; it is seemingly tied to the curves layer somehow, as the export ghost shape changes transparency along with the curves layer transparency. Copying the curves layer and using that instead of the original, with a similar but not quite identical gradient mask, gives a similar but not identical ghost shape when trying to "export as."

I can use save for web legacy as a workaround, but this still seems to be a bug that shouldn't occur, and if the legacy save for web goes away at some point, it would be a major issue.

I'm using the most recent PS version, 22.1.0, for Mac. Have tried quitting/restarting the program, and turning off "use graphics processor" in performance preferences then restarting; issue persisted in both cases. 

Thanks for any help/advice folks can provide! 

Tanya

Screenshots: 
image-in-PS: how image looks in Photoshop, how it shuold be exporting
image-layerspanel: shows visible layers that, when active together, cause the issue
export-as-ghostshape: how image looks when trying to export, right angled ghost shape clearly visible
export-as-ghostshape-curvelayer2: trying to export image, using duplicated curves layer with a similar but not quite identical gradient mask; similar ghost shape appears 
save-for-web-legacy: shows how image exports visibly fine via this method

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on Windows and I can not reproduce problem, wait for someone with Mac, maybe it is platform specific problem.

can not reproduce problem.jpg

To report bug it is better to visit this site which is monitored by Adobe employees, this is user to user forum https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines