Gif Sizing issue

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an ussue resizing gifs lately. When I resize them and set my workspace screen to 100% they are much smaller than the actual size should be despite the fact that it says they're the right size. I typically create for tumblr and I'm using the exact same steps and dimensions I've always used, but I've been having this issue recently and it makes my gifs look blurry and grainy as if they're too small even though the settings on Photoshop say otherwise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pixel dimensions and what screen resolution?

100% zoom in Photoshop does not refer to any physical size (inches or cm). It means mapping one image pixel to one screen pixel. So the physical size depends on the screen resolution I.e. how many pixels per inch the screen has.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you clarify? Maybe give actual numbers and post meaningful screenshots? 

»When I resize them and set my workspace screen to 100% they are much smaller than the actual size should be despite the fact that it says they're the right size.«

Photoshop’s View > 100% maps one image pixel to one screen pixel. 

If you are comparing that to the image being displayed in a browser that actually upsamples images to compensate for a hires monitor then that would be pointless. 

»it makes my gifs look blurry and grainy as if they're too small«

When displayed in Photoshop? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I just upgraded to the new Macbook Air (Retina) screen and I think that's what's caused the issue. This is what it looks like in Photoshop (2020). It should actually be twice as big to match 268px dimensions that Tumblr has set.Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.55.33 AM.png

It becomes stretched out even though it's cropped to 268px. Not sure if I should start cropping under a different size/ratio? It's extremely annoying either way. My roommate also has a Macbook Air, though it's not Retina display and she doesn't have this problem. Should I have gone with a Pro instead? We went through all our settings (both Mac and PS) and they were all the same, so I'm wondering why mine sizes everything so small when I crop. Should I export videdos to 720p instead of 1080p? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal and correct. Just view at 200%

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what's been happening to me as well!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution to this non-problem is the same. Zoom to 200%. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines