Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Global light can be switched off globally instead of on each layers?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using latest version of photoshop and I need to copy multiple layers (mockup files) into one psb file.

My issue:

When I copy and paste layers with shadow and bevel & emboss, original effects change to a general or dominant global setting once I paste it into the psb file

so

all my shadows and effects on those similar layers change which then I have to change back otherwise the lighting isn't correct on the mockup.

I do not want to switch of global lighting on every single layer before copying, neither fixing this all the time.

is there a way to switch this automatic change somewhere in the menus to stop doing it at all?

Mockup in it's original file before copying it's layers

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 16.22.26.png

Mockup in the new psb file after pasting all layers

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 16.22.30.png

 Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think what's happening is that every PSB works almost exactly like a PSD , when it comes to global light. The easiest thing to do would be to turn off global light on all layers, then when they're in a Smart Object, turn on Global Light for the Smart Object layer. You can then export that layer to a stand alone PSB.

Is that what you were going for?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines