• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glowing/Neon Objects?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this concept in mind where I am holding an object, in this case it is a crystal, and i want to make it look like its a glowing orb of sorts. Pictures are attached.

The crystal is pink and triangular, so i thought it would be cool to have a beam coming out of the top point. I was thinking, in order to get the glow on my face, I'd hold a phone near my face with a photo of the color i wanted, but it turned out to be too brightly lit in the room i was using, so it didn't really transfer the way i'd liked. I was hoping that i could recreate it in photoshop but it is proving to be quite the feat.

So, in conclusion, I could really use some help in getting the crystal to glow and getting the light on my face as if standing next to a neon sign (or a neon crystal )

After that, I'd consider adding a light beam coming out of the top, and finally i'll try to transfer it to a new background so it's less distracting.

Maybe a composite? Blending styles?

Any help would be SO appreciated... none of the videos i've watched online have gotten me where i want to be.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 10.42.58 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Something like this? It is just a few brush strokes with a soft brush (magenta and white). I've shown the layer blending modes in brackets.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It may have been better if I'd shown the individual layers (I also added an eye reflection)

All together :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much for the breakdown! this is what i've managed to create.

beammeup.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You're welcome.

Nice job ! You might want to tone down the glow slightly on the finger ends but that is all your choice

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines