• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient won't save

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 22.5.0 on MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

I have created a gradient on a Photoshop file, but if I assign it a name and press OK, it will not save, meaning if I go back to the gradient window, the name now says "Custom" and my previous name I assigned it cannot be found. I have also tried to click on the folder "Basics" and pressed OK to try to save it there, but nothing is there when I go back to this window. I have also tried exporting it into the gradients folder.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 1.17.22 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

I just figured it out. You have to press "New" after you enter a name. 
I feel this thread should be closed or removed, but I also think this is a really misleading design choice. People will lose their work thinking that it was saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out. You have to press "New" after you enter a name. 
I feel this thread should be closed or removed, but I also think this is a really misleading design choice. People will lose their work thinking that it was saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post should not be deleted. Almost everyone who will try it on their own will just click the OK button and be confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just happened to me, thanks for leaving open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree. It is not very intuitive. I have spend an hour before re-adding a gradient 10 times before I realized it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines