• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Processor is incompatible- Adobe Photoshop CC 2022

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor is incompatible shows and show. My graphic driver is uptodate. plz help me to fix this error in Adobe Photoshop CC 2022

2021-10-31_12-52-24.jpgdown while work

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating Windows 10 Dell.  Got the message about Graphics Processor is incompatible.  Sorry, but I don't own a supercomputer, nor am I a computer expert.  Will be cancelling after my seven-day trial unless I find a solution to this.  Please help me, someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the user as quoting himself as "no computer expert" may not know what a GPU is.

However, to explain, every computer has a dedicated chip or card with many chips, that process the graphics that appear on screen. That is a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).

Adobe use this power to take load/power use, away from the CPU that powers pretty much everything else.

They have strict criteria for this aspect, many many people are suffering from this. My laptop with a decent nVidia GPU designed for gaming is about 3 years old, and is now incompatible in general, giving the graphics glitches many suffer from when using filters or features.

It is a bit of a shame that the application can't be scaled me and adapt to the chipset you have, automatically optimising itself to what you have available.

But, it means you likely can't use GPU hardware processing, so try turning it off in preferences.

It will slow down image processing quite a lot, especially on large files, but it depends what you are trying to do.

Photoshop is designed for professionals, and those folk normally keep relatively up to date with their hardware as it is their business. And tax deductible.

Hope that explains it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very PC literate but admit it has been a while since I updated my Adobe apps šŸ™‚

I just updated Photoshop and found out my RTX660 (a VERY old card) is not compatible with Photoshop.  I have read up and understand that, no issue.  But in the interim before I replace it what Photoshop settings should I choose? It seems to have still checked "use graphics processor" and has Anti-alias guides and GPU compositing checked.  It does not have Use open CL and 30 bit display checked. Is that the appropriate setting for now?

Also, I am on an old version of LIghtroom also.  I use that a LOT.....does that mirror the Photoshop video card requirements, issues? I have been and will check but was not clear to me and want to be sure.  If I will have the same issue in Lightroom, I may wait to upgrade that....

Thanks!

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the Microsoft Store and Installing the OpenCLā„¢ and OpenGLĀ® Compatibility Pack is the only thing that worked for me after countless hours of troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have researched the Lightroom Classic specs for an hour now.....  It seems to me the minimum is 2 GB of memory.  It is working fine with Lightroom Classic 11.3 and the processor shows set to "auto" and says it supports basic hardware acceleration. I am just trying to figure out if I upgrade Lightroom if it will behave the same. 

I plan to upgrade my video card but as I use Lighroom a lot, I don't want to paint myself into a corner where I can't run it before I buy a new one.  Probably best to wait....

Thanks,
BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines