• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GRAY PRINTS BROWN...

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone. Another simple question requiring a simple answer....

All my colors print perfectly from Photoshop (CS3). However, when I try and print a very simple GRAY color it comes out BROWN no matter what profile I use. I always use Adobe RGB 1998 and the rest of the complicated colors come out perfectly but the GRAYS print brown.

The printer, paper, profile, Photoshop, inks, applications, etc. Do not change this fact. Please could someone give me a professional opinion of a possible setting change?....The ultimate use is sublimation. Again, substrates, temperature, pressure, time, equipment, etc. Do not change this fact.

A new printer profile will also not do. All the colors including the most difficult print perfectly. It's JUST THE GRAY PRINTING BROWN. We have previous files from past projects where the Gray printed perfectly, using the current profile (which is always the same and the proper one) and WITHOUT a new one you would assume that the GRAY printing BROWN would now be duplicated under the same conditions using the current settings right?...WRONG. It prints perfectly.

Thank you so much for your professional input and have a wonderful weekend!

Cordially,

Hugo Prado

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hugo,

Is this dye sublimation on fabric or on paper?

Did you properly install the software that came with your printer, or the latest drivers from their website?

Are you set up with sublimation profiles to convert RGB colors to CMYK output? 

You should have better success posting on a forum for your printer, but you are more than welcome to try here.  If you need further help, please posts screenshots of your print settings, and let us know the model of your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing 4 color gray or 1 color? Check your printer settings to confirm. If it is printing 4 color gray - check the color breakdown using the eyedropper and color panel. Any variation from equal values will cause a shift in color when printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few forums suggest turning down temp and time.

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/archive/index.php/t-1173.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines