• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey prints as a color by Epson ET 15000 printer. Any fixes?

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every grey from 30% to 60% comes out dark blue if Epson manages color and dark green if PS manages color. 

Macbook pro 2016,  Big Sur 11.2.1,  PS 22.2.0. RGB color. The paper does not matter. I made a test sheet with strictly grey colors but as RGB document (not greyscale). I've tried many different combinations of available settings (there is not much flexibility). It also happens for every one of my photos that have grey.

If anyone has seen or heard about this problem I will supply more details.

I will be returning the printer if no solution.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Epson ET-15000 come with specific ICC profiles for your paper? If so, make sure you are using the correct profile when using Photoshop manages colours.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Epson paper? Epson ink?

The Epson printer driver is based around specific media, ink and other settings.

Third party media would give different results without using the correct printer driver settings and ICC profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That issue is happening to me too. Could you fix it? I'm in big troubles each time I need to print with some quality or color precision, it is impossible 😪 Dont know what to do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start printing with a nozzle check Pattern test. If there is a blockage then gray balance will be affected. Additionally as above are you using OEM inks and paper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried on different mac versions and different windows and the problem is exactly the same, tried on other printers and had different results so it seems to be this expensive and rubbish printer 😪 If any fixed the problem on it own printer, please text me! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably worth updating Big Sur.

This may also apply to 11.2.1? Big Sur has some print / profile issues.

macOS Big Sur problems - is this issue now fixed? Hope so - Users are reporting that the update to macOS 11.6.5 fixes the print issues.

History:

There is apparently a bug in macOS Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to macOS Monterey, personally, I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new macOS  version so soon after release.

Sadly this bug appeared to still be present in macOS 11.6.3, according to users here who have made that upgrade.

Some users have reported positive results in macOS Big Sur - with some profiles being usable after opening them into the ColorSync utility and “fixing” any errors found.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines