• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouped Layers Suddenly Disappear When Moving the Grouped Layer

Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last Photoshop update. I have version 21.2.2 installed.

Anytime I move grouped layers inside folders in the layers panel, the entire group disappears or in some cases glitches out.  My temporary fix is toggle the show and hide option for the group.  Super annoying to deal with anytime I move a grouped layer, and it has negatively affected my workflow.

To make it easier for you to see the problem, you may view the following video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6oCBK8ziI

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 4 GB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks, y'all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here to confirm that after updating to Photoshop 22.4.2 today - this same problem still exists.

It took me about 10 seconds to reproduce the disappearing layer problem.

And it renders Photoshop 22 unusable for me.

Here's how to resolve the issue, Lewis:  File > Quit

Back to v20.

What happened to Photoshop . . ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I found a potential fix for you all. I had this exact same problem, and resseting my photoshop preferences fixed the issue.

When starting up photoshop press and hold Command-Option-Shift (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-Shift (Windows). That should reset your photoshop preferences and settings

(Do keep in mind, youll have to fix all your settings and tabs all over again which is a pain, but it did work for me)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the similar issue as you guys. Files worked perfectly fine on my pc at work with old versions like cs6 or cc2014. I installed latest version at home, as well as latest video card drivers. Checked on two different graphic cards - 1080 ti and 1070.

I can't move groups separately from their inlinked masks, it just won't refresh correctly, I have to hide and then unhide it to refresh. It is really frustrating. I also checked and this issue still occures on several older versions that are available at Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG. My layer groups disappeared and I couldn't figure it out. But! There is a red toggle switch in top line of layer palette which I must have switched on. Turn it off and the groups reappear. 
hope this helps someone.

textureterry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines