Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Had to reinstall Win10, reinstalled Adobe CS4. Error Message: 148:3

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS4

Purchased years ago. Had to reinstall Win10 and AdobeCS4. Photoshop will not open. Error Message:  I would have removed the background and only sent the message if Photoshop would open. I already did some kind of update/fix, I rebooted several times, now it is back to this error. I use my photoshop. I do nothing commercially, I sell nothing and make no money at all from my old version of Photoshop. I paid for it years ago and it should still work. I am a broke senior who really likes her old version of Photoshop. How do I fix this? 

cactuslady_0-1720122616230.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool:

https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop today is masively improved compared to CS5.  The tools that use Ai are a big part of that, but Photoshop is not the only image manipulation app that uses Ai and has made similar improvements in the 15 years since CS5 was released, and that includes some of the free apps.  If you can't get CS5 working, do some research and maybe try something like Krita.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cactuslady Unfortunately you now need to face the inevitable end to using CS4.

2024-07-05 15_31_00-Had to reinstall Win10, reinstalled Adobe CS4. Err... - Adobe Community - 147199.jpg

The Activation servers for CS4 have been shut down, so even if you could install and have it working, you would only have a 30-day trial, when it would stop completely.

The way forward is a subscription to the Photography Plan (20GB) or seek alternative apps.

Compare Plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan- USA

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is bit of a gray area that has been verified by other users and Adobe themselves when it comes to CS4

that i won't go into here, but suffice to say one can install a legitimate CS4 and it should work fine

as far as the activation part goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines