Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool lock after releasing spacebar

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

since the last update i have an issue with the hand tool. Usually i use the space bar for switch to the hand tool and scroll the image, but after releasing the space bar and the mouse click the tool keep working like if i am still holding down the commands annd the cursor movement clearly move my visual. For unlocking it i have to click 4-5 times on the image o clickin on the navigator.

Someone have an idea for fixing it? 😞

Thanks a lot

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an incredibly frustrating bug! I'll have to go in and try your fix, even though I don't feel we should have to resort to that in the first place. Hopefullt a fix is released soon. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can confirm that the only thing that fixed this for me was rolling back PS to v24.0. All problems with sticking tools e.g. hand tool, pen tool completely gone and everything working properly. Clearly the bug has been introduced in one of the updates post 24.0 (not sure which and to be fair don't have the time to be unistalling and reinstalling several versions of PS, when I have work to do).

Adobe please can you acknowledge that a bug has been introduced post v24.0 and make it a priority to fix. This is core functionality that is broken. Much appreciated. Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this started happening after recent updates. Whenever I use path tool for me for example and when I try to pan around holding spacebar it gets "sticky" until I click it off. Highly annoying and completely breaks the workflow. Another Adobe "update". Glad I can roll back to v24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here too. Guess I'm rolling back

Windows 10

PS 24.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just increased Timing Sensitivity to MAX value (2000 milliseconds) and it works better for me now.
Still not solved completelly but with default 200ms I was constantly getting "locked" pan/zoom/rotate , anything with space bar key if i hit keys fast.

Previously, this was driving me nuts for months.

So thanks Cory for the idea where to start. It' snot yet full fix, but at least it happens less now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there actually a fix for this? I'v tried everything in the thread. I dont use flick panning anyway, increasing the timming of the spring loaded tools, diabling them, no overscroll etc and nothing changes. the only way i seem to be able to exit the tool is by hitting escape.

I'm using a cintiqe. Seems to me the issue doesnt occure if you use the mouse but pretty much always happens when using the tablet.

Rolling back to 24.0 as per some other people in this thread to see if that helps at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use only mouse (99% of time although i have Wacom), and it still happens but way less than with default 200ms settings, so yeah it's NOT FIXED but better.

But i can imagine how frustrating it can be on tablet if it annoyed me so much on mouse :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turn off that settings, then restart the photoshop. Works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not nuts then. It was a bugger to find this thread when I was describing the problem in search. Glad to know it's not just me then. Always an issue with Wacom and Adobe after updates. Always loose pressure sensitivity as well after update. So it's mixed feelings to suggest "Please update" lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stuff makes me crazy.  So many pros use a wacom with PS.  Why do they break functions we have learned over yrs.  You have to natrually be able to pan and zoom to edit photos.  Adobe get with Wacom and come up with a driver that works correctly.  No special code inserted, no secret settings, either use Windows ink or do not.  Please focus on pros and stop worrying about special AI filters for momtographers. I need to roll back to 24 and hope this works.  Adobe been crushing creativity with bugs again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that 24.0 is working totally normal. Adobe get your $hit together.  Please get with Wacom and get this stuff sorted out.  And please have professional photo editors test new releases with the most common tools used by professionals.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't just with Wacom. I have the exact same problem since the 24.5 update and it happens exactly the same wether I use my Wacom PTH-660 or my mouse. Same problems, panning with the hand tool and drawing paths with the pen tool. It randomly sticks and won't let go until I tap with the pen or click with the mouse all over the screen or hit escape. It has rendered PS useless at this point. I am going to try to roll back to 24.0 I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason even with all auto update stuff off PS updated from 24-24.6 the other day.  I gave it a shot........still will not let go.  Adobe pull you head out.  This is unusable for editors of all types.  Yes the new features are cool.  But unusable if you actually edit photos.  On top of that while running batch automations 24.6 crashes often.  I will batch process a few hundred images doing pretty heavy actions.  It sucks when I wake up and PS crashed half way into batch and now I need to start somewhere in the middle.  It is a huge waste of time and resources for me.  Please Adobe think of pro users in your next update.  Fix this dragging bug and make this program rock solid for stability.  You can lay off the Ai stuff for a min.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug situation is getting ridiculous. It's been going on for way too long and should have been fixed as soon as it was brought to their attention. We all pay good money to Adobe and in return we should have a program that functions correctly. I think it's time to focus on stability instead of adding more features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work I use Photoshop on a Mac but on the rare occasion I work from home I use it on my PC. This problem is not happening on the Mac but is happening on the PC.

PLEASE FIX IT ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleary a new bug introduced in the recent versions. I'm rolling back to 24.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

try to use this setting in shortcuts, it worked for me

Screenshot_4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might have fixed for me. I'll see how it goes over the next few days. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - Use legacy undo shortcuts, seems to work.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That moment when your comment is marked as correct and not mine 😄 😄 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this method works
but that doesn't solve the problem :c
I would not want to use legacy undo shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see everywhere else, resetting preferences will fix this. It did here, I got this too.

Whether legacy undo also does it, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both of the work-arounds talked about. Neither one worked for me. Rolled back one cersion, and all works fine. Guess I'll play around with the new AI stuff later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it is not working for me, I am using 25.0.0 ..... orz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the solution provided unfortunately doesn't work.

I just updated to 24.5.0 and suddenly I experienced this same very problem (never had up to 24.4.x).

I'll roll back, but please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines