• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool won't let go of image

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hand tool is sticky. Not in the way of most other posts I have found that I can't change between tools, but sticky in the way that it grabs my image and won't let go until I click again. Ocassionally regular move and flick panning will work as they should but that is rare.

I have played with checking and unchecking Overscroll and Flick Panning in all the combinations. I am updated to lastest version and operating on Windows 10 Pro. Ps did this to me before and continues to now. I have 'Reset Preferences on Quit" as suggested in another post. I cannot figure out what to check or uncheck to make it stop doing this .Please help. It is driving me crazy. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been experiencing this. Generally, it's while I'm using the Brush tool and using the space bar to toggle to the Hand tool and move around the canvas. It also occurs while using Ctrl+Space to zoom and then the zoom will not let go, zipping me in and out between 1-1000% until it finally releases. I thought it was perhaps my old pen tablet going bad, but I'm now on a brand new Intuos Pro and it is still happening. It's becoming absolutely maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, its wierd bit but you need to take your finger off the mouse button before realsing the space bar and it actS like normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a little weird and was not necessary before but I'll take it! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, no, that doesn't make any difference. dang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and letting go of mouse before spacebar (or vice-versa) does not do anything for me. 

I'm on Windows (10) and I'm wondering if everyone else here is as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up. . . .the order of the spacebar sometimes matters. It does help more often than not, but this has not been an all around fix for me. Not to mention that it would be stellar if this was not an issue either way :)~

I am on Windows 10 also, updated to the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the same problem after upgrading from 23.3.2 to 25.5.0 . When I go back to 23.3.2 the problem is not there. I reopen 25.5.0 and the problem exists in that environment. Very annoying.  It's the uncertainty of these kinds of unknown issues that holds me back from installing the newer updates in any software suite, especially Adobe suites.

If there is a solution, I would like to know, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines