Have to press key twice for shortcut to stick

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A few days ago Photoshop started acting weird. For example, let's say the move tool is selected (V). I then press the C for the crop tool, but it won't stay as the crop tool unless I hold the key down or rapidly press C twice. To go back to the move tool, I either have to hold the V key down, or press it rapidly twice. And this is the case for all of the tools that I commonly use. I switched over to Illustrator and InDesign to see if the same behavior happened in those applications, and it did not. I only had to press the key once to get the corresponding tool.

I've reset the preferences, and restarted the computer a couple of times and the behavior stays the same. Any idea how to fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

What is the Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > Spring-Loaded Tool Shortcuts setting? 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > Spring-Loaded Tool Shortcuts setting? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I turned it off. Now everything works fine with one touch. Sorry I never noticed that setting before. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Preferences setting is fairly new, I have only noticed it recently myself. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sooo much, it was driving me mad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines