• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues with Photoshop 3D on Apple iMac M1 Chip

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So firstly I just want to express my frustration... I could not use the 3D function on my Apple iMac 2012 because I was having the same issue. Thought maybe the graphics card was outdated but yet here I am with a brand new 2021 Apple iMac with the M1 Chip and having the SAME DAMN ISSSUE!!!!

Whenever I open a 3D template file and I need to edit it, (it's a 3D layer based template) I get a black screen and even if I try work with the black screen and then save the edits, nothing wants to render, sometimes magically it will render for a few seconds, as soon as I flip away from the tab, it goes nuts and shows nothing again. I use these exact templates all the time on a windows pc that is seriously low spec and I don't encounter the same issues. 

Please don't tell me to go through the "Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)" thread because nothing in there is helpful nor works!

Here is an image of the file

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 22.33.52.png

When I double click the "Lid Exterior Design" or anything similar I get welcomed by this lovely screen

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 22.34.18.png

What the file is supposed to show me

PS ERROR.PNG

If someone can actually help or if Adobe can have a look into it on their side, that would be great....

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while working on 3D files. Would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

Please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Also, please go to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Technology Previews & enable the option to Deactivate Native Canvas. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was havin the same problem on a Mac Mini M1 and this solved the problems.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for long. Photoshop 3D is discontinued. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this in effect as of now? Beacuse im having issues too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact steps just helped me on m1 mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked on my M1 pro. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This quide helped me on Air M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines