• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing Brush Tip Shape???

Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using my healing brush (Standard and Spot) with 100% roundness and 0% hardness and my brush area goes into transparency, the healing brush seems to have a brush tip shape that I used yesterday. I changed the brush tip shape in the brushes panel, but there doesn't seem to be any way to have changed the shape for the healing brush that I can find. Changing the tip shape of a brush didn't work either...

It's almost like it's adding a stroke to the outside of the healing brush...healing brush weirdness.PNG

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what can I do to fix this?

I've already tried to reset all tools...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

This seems to be standard behavior when you apply the healing brush over an image and transparency at the same time.

I had a colleague test it out on his machine and it produced the same exact results.

It was merely coincidence that I had created a paint brush with a tip shape that was strikingly similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You change the tip in the tool option bar brush pull-down dialog or the Brush Settings palette.  The tool should remember the last setting you set for the tool and I find it best to heal into and empty layer on top so the image does not get damaged at all. The blemishes are still there in the image.

heal.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. I've always found non-destructive editing to be best practice. This is merely an example of running the healing brush over an area with transparency.

I had changed the paint brush settings on Monday with a custom tip shape.

I have since changed it to a soft round shape. Somehow, it seems that paint brush tip shape affected the healing brush tip shape, which—to the best of my knowledge—isn't editable other than size, hardness, spacing, angle, and roundness.

My settings for that have been 0% hardness, 25% spacing, 0% angle, and 100% roundness.

It's either as stated above and there's some setting I'm unaware of, a bug in the software, or it's normal behavior I've never noticed because I NEVER use the healing brush over an area of transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be standard behavior when you apply the healing brush over an image and transparency at the same time.

I had a colleague test it out on his machine and it produced the same exact results.

It was merely coincidence that I had created a paint brush with a tip shape that was strikingly similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines