• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello. I crashed my old iMac with CS6 installed. After installing on new iMac, could not find wher

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I crashed my old iMac with CS6 installed.

After installing on new iMac, could not find where to register my license number.

Now running on 1 month trial...

No help from Chat, they said coudn't find my license I can see on my account/products page.

What a mess with a legit license !

[Screenshot with serial numbers from Accounts/Products page removed for your protection from this public forum.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us which macOS do you have on your new iMac? The only iMacs being sold now are the 24" with the M1 chip and Monterey (macOS12.5). Apple has made changes to macOS and the newer operating systems will not install or run CS6.

I know this is not what you asked, but let's start here.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jane.

It is an iMac 21,5" bought new last year (2017 vintage I think) with Mojave.

Last year I installed CS6 normally than put the Mac on sleep back in is box for one year as my 2009 iMac was still working fine until two days ago when it fatally went down.

After relaunching CS6 on the new Mac, the registration window wrongly told me that I wasn't connected to internet (!!) so license validation could not be processed and I was turned to a 1 month trial.

So I called Adobe chat who surprinsingly me told me that with all my customers ID and license N° they could not find any product related to me despite it was clearly visible from my product page, see attached.

The other thing is that I don't know if my CS6 on my old and dead Mac was or not deactivated when it crashed as my CS6 is also running on my MacBook. It could be that my two devices autorisation are now active, I was trying to get from Chat the deactivation of my old Mac to shift on my new one.

I am upset how just simple thing doesn't work and how support from Chat was so ineffective.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-01 à 13.29.01.png

Capture d’écran 2022-08-01 à 15.02.54.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have an iMac which supports CS6 (as jane mentioned, anything above Mojave will not work), ths might be of interest: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-suite/kb/serial-number-validation-launching-cs6.html

As it says here, this option may not appear until your trial period expires, but it did allow me to install CS6 on a new (old!) laptop about a year ago when the Internet activation did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines