• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP EDITING PHOTO----Technical

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I have run into two problems with this photo that I can't seem to figure out. I need to remove the orange on top of the women's forehead. I also need to fix the orange hair sticking up on top of her head, as it is very distracting. I have tried spot healing, the adjustment, brush, and some other methods, however, I am just at a loss! I need someone more experienced to help me! Thank you!

1111 (1 of 1).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 18.32.54.jpg

Personally, I would say don't remove the yellow as the forehead will look out of place due to the highlight coming through the hair. Instead, I would reduce it using hue/sat layer softly brushed over the yellow and then desat and tweak the hue until it is more flattering.

For the hairs, I was able to clean them with spot healing brush set to content aware and cloning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! It is only my second shoot and I didn't think the orange part on her head looked unnatural it was my hubby who pointed it out and made me fret! He is also color blind so maybe I shouldn't listen to him      LOL! Thank you all you definitely helped me get "unstuck"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't worry too much here. This deep, golden light is easily killed with over-processing, which is a lot worse.

I'm not at my workstation now, but I'd like to give this a shot later if I have time. But I don't think you'd see all that much difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is all I would do - just soften the edge a bit, nothing more. The orange glow should remain. Also leave the loose strands of hair, they just add presence.

1111+(1+of+1)_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To produce a realistic looking image where the orange is on her flesh will require going back to the RAW file and reprocessing to remove that color and decrease exposure so the detail is maintained.  As it is there is no detail in this area of the image you posted.

If the raw file is unavailable then the patch tool or cloning is the next best option.

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this should best (and easily) be fixed in raw processing.

That's a lovely shot - be careful, don't ruin it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines