Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help extending the new CS6 scripted patterns feature

Participant ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been enjoying trying out the new scripted fill options for applying Patterns in Photoshop CS6, which I'd like to customise further. Changing the variables is straightforward enough, but I can't seem to find any reference in the scripting documentation to some of the code used in the scripts - in particular the Render.API and it's properties. Is any of this online somewhere ?

On a related point, could the script also be changed to fill using more than one Pattern preset from the Library ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

I answered this question also on the ps-scripts forum, but will answer it here also.  Adobe is checking for me to see if they can release the notes on programing the deco fill.  Perhaps they will respond to this post with the location of the document.

As far as changing the pattern within the fill script, it is not possible at this point.  I asked the the Adobe engineer about this and he said no.  I came up with a work around by creating a UI that rewrites the deco script based on the values set

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered this question also on the ps-scripts forum, but will answer it here also.  Adobe is checking for me to see if they can release the notes on programing the deco fill.  Perhaps they will respond to this post with the location of the document.

As far as changing the pattern within the fill script, it is not possible at this point.  I asked the the Adobe engineer about this and he said no.  I came up with a work around by creating a UI that rewrites the deco script based on the values set in the UI.  Xbytor gave me the idea on how to do this.  There is also another way, which Paul Riggott also came up with a way to get variables into the deco script using a UI by using $.setenv().  Anyway I created a loop that only renders a random set of patterns.  The script then reruns and lets you change the pattern.  It's not perfect, but it does the job.  You can try my script by downloading it here: Download

You can also see some examples of what I've done with the script here.

Paul and some others are working on modifying these scripts, which includes having the patterns follow a path.  This is not in my script yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed info. Hope also that we can get some more documentation for this. I'll check out the links you've provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure we can.  The Adobe engineer responsible for the scripts is away from his office for a bit, so they might have to wait for him to return.  From my interaction with him, he seems to really want feedback on these scripts and how to improve them, so I don't think it will be an issue, but I just need to go through the proper channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an okay to release the note on the fill scripts.  I don't see a place to attach a file on this forum, so I'll post it on your other post in ps-scripts.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great - I'll have a look on the ps scripts forum. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines