• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP. How to open the ORIGINAL UNEDITED version of an image

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me insane. I edited a photo. Now, I would like to open the ORIGINAL version of the photo and try again.

>>> However, the photo appears as the original form in my iPhotos, Preview, iPhone. 

>>> As soon as I open it in Photoshop.. it's magically the new version. THEN, it's automatically updated as the new version everywhere.

I've tried duplicating the photo and re opening it. I've tried saving it as a new file name and re opening the original photo. I'm very computer literate, and I can not for the life of me figure out why on Earth photoshop has the ability to do this.

How can I open, the original, unedited photo without photoshop somehow magically turning it into the edited version.

i don't want Photoshop to have predictive abilities, how do I turn everything off that allows photoshop to assume anything like this of the sort.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DW,

When you look in the Finder or Windows File Explorer or Bridge, what does it says for both:

• The Create Date and
  • The Edit Date?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane-e,

Thanks for replying, I'm truly stuck! The original, unedited, master file is saved in my iPhotos.

The info is:

Created: March 25 (two days ago)

Modified: March 25 (two days ago)

I can't find 'edited' date.

When I open it in Photoshop, it's the "new" version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had an iPhone but do have as old iPod 4 the has a camera.  I believe imaged taken are in Camera roll and can be mounted as a flash drive on Windows and  Mac computers and edited with  Photoshop.  So Photoshop can edit original images captured by the Mobile device.  Other image on the IPod wether moved on the iPod from camera roll or transfers via iTunes  from a computer can not be edited with Photoshop foe Photoshop does not run on a iPod or iPhone.    I also noticed that iTune messed with images I transferred from windows  the image files on the iPod were not exactly the same image  files on my PC iTunes changed the images somewhat.  My old iPod 4 with its 3:2 display battery is shot so it is now a mp3 player connected to my Accord audio system.

My mobile device is a surface pro 3 it runs Photoshop. My wife has an iPhone 8 it convent but its images are not in the same ball park as our out Canon EOS 1D Mk IV. Withe the 300MM F2.8 is its 10LBS at 78 my back is shot....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you opening it in Photoshop? For example, are you:

• Opening the photo from the Mac Finder desktop
  • Opening the photo from Apple Photos or iPhoto, using the Edit With command, into Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you saved it to your computer, did you change the filename? If you didn't, then the new (altered) version will be what you saved over the untouched original. If you change the filename, then try re-uploading the untouched original from your phone, it should work. Or do you somehow have all your devices synced so that the altered version replaced the original everywhere? (I don't have this, so I'm just guessing here)

If that's the case, do you have Carbonite or some other online backup that might not yet have backed up the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export the original from Photos, change the name, and open that. Once you edit and save a file in Photoshop, that's the file you have. Unless there is a copy someplace, the original is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines